Arts and Culture Exhibition events seeks to connect and restore the arts industry within the zongo, inner cities and deprived communities in Ghana to the community by hosting exhibits through showcasing and promoting of arts trade as well as encouraging greater collaboration between governments and private sector organizations which will help stimulate the economy and create job opportunities for the youth and the community.
To help restore the arts and culture industry as well as project and promote youth talent to find decent jobs through culture exchange promotion and export.
SHORT TERM GOAL
To revive arts training modules in connection with Akron-Ohio in partnership with Don Drumm Art Gallery, Global Ties Akron and Mac Love and Akron Accra Partnership Board through the special visit of Michelle Wilson, as the coordinator for the partnerships.
We expect to achieve the following at the end of the program;
- Mobilize the Zongo Youth Artisans and orientated them for training programs
- Identify various art and cultural needs and incubate training modules under the commission on Culture at the Community Youth Cultural Center
- Initiate discussions for partnerships in the area of export to USA
The target group for exhibitors will come from various diverse areas of arts and cultural industry as follows;
- Beads making
- Fashion and clothing
- Painting, drawing,
- Traditional food
- Plastic Up cycling
- Trashy Bags
- Traditional cultural dance
- .Photo exhibitions
- .Traditional drummers
- .textiles-batik-tie and die
- .poetry and
The event is expected to attract at least 200 participants including Dignitaries from both government and private institutions, Exhibitors, students, NGOs, CBOs, youth and community leaders.
Each exhibitor is expected to register with an amount of 15-20 ghCedis to have mount a booth
- Michelle Wilson-Global Ties Akron
- Mrs Alice Alima Kala- Director of National Commission on Culture
- Member of Parliaments for Ayawaso East and North constituencies
- Chief Umar Baba Issah and council of zongo chiefs
- Imams and sheikh.
ACTIVETIES FOR THE PROGRAM
- The program shall be in two sessions; the first session shall be presentations and brief speeches from dignitaries as well a short welcoming cultural display to welcome Michelle Wilson.
- The second part will be the exhibition fair amidst cultural dances and musical performances
PARTNERS AND COLLABORATORS
Host organizations/ Lead organizations–
- National commission on culture
- Zongo Business Incubator Ltd (ZOBI)
- Humanity Empowerment for Livelihood Partners (HELP)
Partnering Organization –
- Akron-Accra Partnership Board,
- Yaasalam Opportunity center
- Broadway Entertainment,
- Afro-Arab Group
- Zongo 360